Thursday, 6 September 2007
He Loves Chocolate Cakes And Brownies!
Last week, I decided to try our oven here at home. I don't really use it that much. It's hubby who cooks the meals at home operated by the oven. I'm very lazy to do it. And as I was very free last week, I wanted to surprise hubby by baking brownies. He likes to eat chocolate cake for his breakfast and he loves it. He also likes it as his dessert. Here's the recipe if you guys are interested with it:
150 gm [1 cup] plain flour
1/8 tsp fine salt
170 gm [6 oz] dark chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
125 gm [1/2 cup] butter - softened
170 gm [3/4 cup] caster sugar (superfine)
110 gm [1/2 cup] firmly packed soft brown sugar
3 large eggs
120 gm [1 cup] roughly chopped pecan or walnuts
1. Grease and flour lightly a 9-inch (23 cm) square pan. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/fan 160C/gas mark 4. I use 140C here at home
2. Mix the flour and salt well then set aside.
3. Break chocolate into pieces and melt in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
4. Beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
5. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
6. Beat in the melted chocolate mixture.
7. Add in the flour and beat at low speed until smooth.
8. Pour in 2/3 of the nuts.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the rest of the nuts on top.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a thin skewer poked in the middle comes out clean but not dry - DO NOT overbake!
11. Remove from oven and cool in the pan for a few minutes then turn out to a rack to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.