Monday, September 24, 2007

Table Tennis

Do you play sports? There are many sports available out there but on my part, I love swimming very much. In Philippines, basketball and table tennis are one of the famous sports. I have tried doing basketball but I don’t like it. I’ve tried playing table tennis years ago but I found myself funny because I was making my own rules everytime I played it with my friends. Do you know that this sport is very famous in Asia and Europe? The answer is a big YES! A little history about it is that it originally started in England as an after-dinner amusement for upper-class Victorians in 1880. Surprising right?

To become a professional table tennis player doesn’t happen in 1 night. It requires a lot of practice and a lot of patience because there are many offensive strokes, grips and defensive strokes to study. For table tennis dummies out there, don’t worry because there are instructional table tennis DVDs available which will help you master this sport as fast as possible. So relax and enjoy!

No comments: